Postpartum Recovery Program: Stork Services
We’ve helped hundreds of new moms recover with our Postpartum Recovery Program. We offer Stork Services to new mothers. They are advised to follow the 5 pillars of Postpartum Recovery including:
- Acupuncture and Chinese herbs– weekly acupuncture for 1 month postpartum and then every 2 weeks for 2 months. For the first 2 years we recommend acupuncture check in’s a minimum of every 3 months. See Postpartum Acupuncture for a list of conditions treated.
- Rest and warmth: Sitting the Moon and Mother Warming. “Sitting the Moon” refers to a period of self care for 30 days following the birth of a child. During this time the mother may experience uterine bleeding and discomfort, severe hormone drops, weakened immune system, body pain from childbirth, and complications from childbirth. We offer warming infrared acupuncture treatments and moxibustion treatments. Ask about at home moxa packs.
- Belly binding with a postpartum girdle Ask for a demo or try one on in the office.
- Stork Diet: Replenishing Postpartum Diet for you and baby. Food list and recipe ideas
- Support: Postpartum Coaching and Counseling– it takes a village
These pillars represent the combined wisdom of thousands of years of Chinese medicine and modern postpartum knowledge. Each pillar can be personalized for those aspects you need the most. It will teach you the tenants of childbirth recovery, a critical phase in a women’s life. This is a 4-12 week food and lifestyle based program. It will help:
- Ease postpartum depression and anxiety.
- Normalize your body weight and shape.
- Produce healthy breast milk to nourish your baby.
- Promote full recovery in this time of transition.
Over the years, after seeing thousands of fertility cases and healthy babies we have noticed the trend toward incomplete recovery for mom. Often she says she never felt quite the same after childbirth or has trouble conceiving a second time. Most of the issues might seem unreltated such as a skin condition or recurring back issues. With proper care recovery can be complete and mom will feel better than ever. It doesn’t happen on its own however and this program can help.